HPPSC Allied Services Syllabus: Prelims
Paper of three hours’ duration consisting of 200 marks (General Knowledge – Objective type).
Himachal Pradesh General Studies and Knowledge – (60 marks)
- History of Himachal Pradesh.
- Geography of Himachal Pradesh.
- Socio Economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
Current Affairs & GK – (60 marks)
- Knowledge of Current Events of national and international importance and such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific object. (60 marks)
Indian General Studies & Social Studies- (80 marks)
- Modern History from 1857 onwards of India,
- Indian Culture,
- Indian Polity,
- Indian Economy,
- Geography of India
- Disaster management.
- Environment and Gender issues
- Teaching of Mahatma Gandhi.
P SUBORDINATE ALLIED SERVICES PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN EXPLAINED IN TABLE
||Number of Marks
|History, Geography and socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh
|General Knowledge and General Awareness
|Indian General studies including Gandhi teaching
Syllabus for Main Exam – HPPSC Allied Services
Mains Exam will be followed by Three Steps
- 1. Paper 1: English (Conventional) [Marks =150, Time = 03 hours]
- 2. Paper 2: Hindi (Conventional) [Marks =150, Time = 03 hours]Chemistry (60 marks)
- 3. Paper 3: General Knowledge [Marks =200, Time = 03 hours]
Paper No. 1: English (Conventional) [Marks =150, Time = 03 hours]
Candidates will be required to answer questions designed to test their understanding of English and workmen like use of words. Some of the questions will be devised to test also their reasoning power, their capacity to perceive implications their ability to distinguish between the important and the less important and to write an essay. Passage will usually be set for summary or precis. Credit will be given for concise the effective expression.
Paper No. 2 Hindi (Conventional) [Marks =150, Time = 03 hours]
- Translation of an English Passage into Hindi.
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in same language.
- Composition (Essay, Idioms, Correction etc).
Paper No. 3 General Knowledge [Marks =200, Time = 03 hours]
- History, geography, and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and of such matter of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India,
- Indian culture,
- Indian polity,
- Indian Economy
- Geography of India
- Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
HPPSC SUBORDINATE ALLIED SERVICES MAINS EXAM PATTERN EXPLINED IN TABLE:
Viva-Voce: 100 Marks
The candidate will be interviewed by the Commission who will have before them a record of his career. He will be asked questions in matters of General interest. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for the services/ Posts or service/post for which he has applied to the Commission. They intended to judge the mental caliber of candidates. In broad terms, this is really as assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs. Some of qualities to be judged are mental alertness, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity